Business Operations Analyst
We strongly encourage people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. As an equal opportunity employer Walker Sands is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion and welcomes everyone to our team.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example – she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).
If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
About the role
Walker Sands is the B2B growth agency. We’ve racked up numerous awards and we’re growing rapidly. We’re on a mission to accelerate the growth of B2B companies, and to accelerate the growth of our people as they work to become the CMOs, CEOs, and other business leaders of tomorrow.
We’re looking for a Business Operations Analyst to join our Operations team. In a nutshell, our Operations team is tasked with enabling our service teams to do great work for our clients as efficiently and effectively as possible. We partner with our IT team to implement processes, systems and tools that support our service teams.
As Business Operations Analyst, you’ll tackle a wide variety of strategic initiatives and analytical projects focused on improving our processes and products. You’ll learn the ins and outs of our ERP system and work across the agency’s teams to translate user needs into business and IT recommendations.
The role is permanent and full time, reporting to our Operations Manager. Our Operations team is based in Chicago, Illinois, but we’re open to remote hires in the continental U.S., as long as working hours include at least 6 hours of overlap between 8:30 am and 5 pm central time.
Here’s how we see you adding value a year from now. By then, you will regularly be:
- Analyzing system data and user feedback to recommend system updates that will improve pricing, profitability, efficiency and user experience
- Building, maintaining and enhancing reports and dashboards so they yield meaningful metrics to support business decision-making
- Making independent recommendations to improve our data cleanliness
- Collaborating with the Operations team to improve product and organizational maturity
- Supporting the Operations team on business planning and analysis initiatives
Your typical daily tasks will include:
- Analyzing historical project performance and other relevant system and organizational data to identify areas of opportunity and improvement
- Translating your analysis into recommendations to improve our products and agency processes
- Supporting the Operations team in developing training materials and documenting processes
- Monitoring data quality, correcting errors, and recommending new automations or processes to improve future data quality without manual intervention
- Reviewing system documentation, training, and support articles to learn the intricacies of Salesforce & FinancialForce and working with their support teams to improve our application functionality
- Participating in demos/webinars featuring upcoming releases to stay abreast of relevant new system developments
- Serving as first point of escalation for troubleshooting system issues
- Perform administrative duties such as user setup and access control, and other relevant system tasks
- Configure and maintain system components, such as standard and custom objects, record types, page layouts, data validation rules, approval workflows within our ERP system
Competencies and characteristics we’re looking for
- Detail orientation – you notice details that others often miss and you have a natural inclination to dig deeper
- Flexibility – you’re excited to jump into a variety of projects and manage multiple deliverables
- Communication – you’re an effective communicator and can translate technical and analytical information for a non-technical audience
- 2-4 years of relevant work experience
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Experience with Salesforce and/or FinancialForce is a plus, but not required