Design Intern (Campaigns)
We strongly encourage people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. As an equal opportunity employer Walker Sands is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion and welcomes everyone to our team.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example – she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).
If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
Searching for a graphic design internship? Walker Sands is looking for a detail-oriented individual to serve as a graphic design intern for a paid 12-week internship. This position is remote (work from anywhere) and will report to our Chicago office.
WE ARE NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS!
We are looking for a candidate with some graphic design experience who is looking for a new challenge. A typical day involves perfecting technical skills, designing advertisements and other digital assets, and supporting senior campaigns team members on projects. Our ideal candidate would be an independent thinker and a team player who can contribute ideas, adhere to brand guidelines and move a project from concept to completion efficiently.
You also will be working closely with copywriters, creative directors and account leads to bring cutting-edge marketing campaigns concepts to life. You should be aware of current graphic design trends, and you should be eager to bring your creative executions to the next level. You will gain experience working and collaborating with experienced graphic, web and motion designers, copywriters and creative directors while honing your skills and understanding of the B2B marketing space.
- Create and design marketing materials.
- Adhere to brand guidelines, and complete projects according to the deadline.
- Explore your skills in the Adobe Creative Suite, and work with a variety of media.
- Collaborate with our designers to develop concepts.
- See projects through from concept to completion.
- Be an active member of our creative team, attend team meetings and coordinate projects with stakeholders.
- Proficiency of Adobe Creative Suite: Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign. Experience working in Sketch or Figma is a plus.
- Basic knowledge of layouts, typography, line composition, color and other graphic design fundamentals.
- Working toward or have completed a design or design-related degree at an accredited university or college.
- Strong creative and analytical skills.
- This is a 12-week, paid internship, beginning on January 30, 2023.
- Candidates for the internship must be eligible for full-time employment at the conclusion of their internship.
- All internship candidate finalists must complete a skills test.
Not Sure If You Should Apply? Our advice: Apply!
Do you think you have what it takes to be a great future design professional, but you’re not sure you check all the boxes? Apply! We’d be happy to talk and determine with you if you could be a great fit.
How to Apply