We strongly encourage people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. As an equal opportunity employer Walker Sands is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion and welcomes everyone to our team.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example – she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).
If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
Walker Sands is looking for a detail-oriented project manager to join our team.
Daily work will include managing the progress of all internal aspects of agency projects; projects don’t succeed without a project manager. This will include scoping new projects, creating timelines, managing communication with internal team members (writers, designers, developers, SEO analysts, client service representatives and occasionally Senior level management) and ensuring that we’re progressing according to the approved timeline.
A PM’s responsibilities will also include setting up internal meetings, recording and sharing notes, communicating with clients and internal resources, organizing assets on Google Drive, maintaining project timelines and ensuring daily progress, performing quality checks to ensure accuracy of deliverables, leading project status meetings, monitoring budget/hours allocations on projects, and overall acting as “go-to” for all internal team members on projects.
The project manager will receive direct support from the group’s senior staff during the scoping phase of the project (development of timeline, estimate, SOW) and then some ongoing supervision through the production phase of the project. But a successful candidate should be detail-oriented, organized and able to work independently when needed.
- 2-4 years project management experience
- Familiarity with a wide range of creative and digital deliverables
- Understanding of project management methodologies
- Experience with project reporting, hours tracking, and budget management
- Positive attitude, strong work ethic, and personal task management skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively on a cross-functional and collaborative team
- Ability to re-prioritize tasks, and request others re-prioritize their tasks, as needed
- Stellar communication and teamwork skills, and ability to motivate a team
- Experience in Trello or other project management tools
- Hands-on experience with Marketing Automation platforms (like Marketo or Pardot)
- Understanding of WordPress basics
- Understanding of Google Analytics
- Familiarity with SEO and content audit process
- Understanding of QA / QC / proofreading processes
- Experience managing client relationships