Public Relations Intern
We strongly encourage people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. As an equal opportunity employer Walker Sands is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion and welcomes everyone to our team.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example – she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).
If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
Looking for a PR internship? Walker Sands is looking for an energetic, detail-oriented person to serve as a public relations intern for a paid 12-week internship. This position is remote (work from anywhere) and will report to our Atlanta office.
WE ARE NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS!
Our PR intern will be responsible for developing media lists, conceptualizing and executing pitches, writing press releases and coordinating contributed articles.
We are looking for someone with a strong interest in the media, trends, and what constitutes a newsworthy story. We're looking for candidates with a solid writing foundation and an interest in conducting web research. You must have an obsession with grammar and the ability to take mediocre writing and make it stronger. If typos jump off the page at you, it is a good sign.
As part of our PR Internship Program, you will work on a small team for clients that specialize in B2B and technology sectors. You must be a self-starter and able to think on your feet and change gears quickly. At the end of the internship, you will have had in-depth exposure to what it's like to work in the PR industry.
- Passionate about the PR/Communication industry.
- A desire and eagerness to learn and grow.
- Current student or recent graduate (from an undergraduate or Master's program), preferably with coursework in journalism, PR, marketing communications, English, or business.
- This is a 12-week, paid internship beginning on September 12, 2022.
- Candidates for the internship must be eligible for full-time employment at the conclusion of their internship.
- All PR internship candidate finalists must complete a writing test.
Not Sure If You Should Apply? Our advice: Apply!
Do you think you have what it takes to be a great future PR professional but you’re not sure you check all the boxes? Apply! We’d be happy to talk and determine with you if you could be a great fit.
How to Apply