Senior Account Manager
We strongly encourage people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. As an equal opportunity employer Walker Sands is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion and welcomes everyone to our team.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example – she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).
If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
Walker Sands is looking for a strategic, detail-oriented senior account manager with integrated marketing skills to join our growing Atlanta team.
As an organization that emphasizes constant learning, Walker Sands strives to go above and beyond in developing innovative and strategic programs for our clients. Our client portfolio contains an impressive list of Fortune 500 corporations, startups, fast-growing high-tech companies, professional services firms and business associations.
As a senior account manager, you’ll focus on leading and supporting B2B technology accounts and serve as the day-to-day point of contact for clients. Senior account managers build a deep understanding of the client’s business and drive collaboration across the agency to deliver superior work. Reporting to an account supervisor, you’ll be responsible for building client relationships, leading account teams, directing program strategy and activities, setting and tracking program KPIs, delivering quality work, managing budgets and account profitability, and providing administrative oversight of program scope and contracts.
Senior account managers serve as the liaison between our clients and our internal agency resources, and must be personable and relationship-oriented, as well as demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills. Candidates should have a strength for multitasking, prioritizing and organizing within a fast-paced, collaborative work environment.
As a senior account manager, you will lead small and medium point-solution accounts across all our services areas, including PR, demand generation, creative, branding and web. You will also support account directors on large integrated accounts, learning the ropes of large account management and strategy.
You’ll ensure that program results are meeting clients’ goals and align with client needs, as well as lead discussions with clients to manage program expectations. You’ll help build our growing Client Services team and learn from industry experts both internally and externally along the way.
- The Client: You’ll serve as the point person for your accounts, handling communication with the client and leading client calls, meetings, and planning sessions. You’ll advise clients on initiatives and programs, as well as manage client expectations.
- The Work: Working with our PR, digital and creative teams, you will build a strong understanding of the client’s industry, business and audiences. You’ll work with various teams across the agency to make sure that client programs and projects are running smoothly and align with clients’ business goals. This will include updating project briefs, estimates, timelines, status reports and other supporting materials to ensure the seamless delivery of final work to the client.
- The Team: Along with managing clients, you’ll work in parallel with account and project management teams across the agency, so there is an indirect management role to play. You’ll empower services teams to do exceptional work through collaboration and open communication. Additionally, you’ll delegate responsibility as needed and ensure client programs and projects are carried out efficiently.
- The Business: As a senior account manager, you’ll strive to improve client retention, grow accounts and minimize overservice to drive agency revenue and profitability. You’ll work with our sales team to sell work and drive revenue into all agency departments. Down the line, you’ll look for opportunities to expand client relationships and find additional ways to add value within clients’ businesses.
- 4-7 years servicing client accounts in a marketing and/or PR agency, preferably in the B2B and/or technology space.
- Experience leading and developing integrated marketing strategies, with specific experience in PR, digital marketing and creative.
- Ability to think strategically and understand clients' business goals.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Strong attention to detail and project management skills.
- Experience managing junior team members with a specific focus on client work and professional development is a plus.