Walker Sands strongly encourages people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion and welcome everyone to our team.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (for example – she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc.). Please also let us know if you need a reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process.
Walker Sands is looking for a Design Specialist to join the Web team in our Creative department.
- Design concepting + layout design for digital deliverables (ads, infographics, sales decks, landing pages, etc) that are optimized for conversion, accessibility and responsive screen sizes.
- Design purposeful layouts for short and long-form editorial content pieces like tip sheets, white papers, data reports that meet print or web standards, prioritize readability and communicate strategic key messages.
- Critique, challenge and celebrate the work of your colleagues during weekly creative reviews.
- Collaborate with the agency’s account leads, creative directors, designers, writers, developers and project managers.
- Translate brand guidelines from the agency’s 100+ B2B clients into consistent expressions of their varied visual identity systems across digital and print.
- Articulate and defend design decisions in a clear and persuasive manner to facilitate the collection of feedback from design directors and other collaborators, including clients.
- You understand the principles of good design and are passionate about creating stunning visual experiences for screens, print and brands.
- You have scalable production habits that enable quick, efficient work.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment — successfully multitasking and prioritizing among running projects.
- You are relentlessly curious and constantly pursuing opportunities to better your skills.
- You value feedback as a critical means for personal and professional growth.
- You love grids.
- You’re a self-starter with high ambitions and higher standards. You take direction and run with it, you can confidently defend your creative decisions and you’re comfortable voicing ideas to colleagues and clients.
- You have an online portfolio that shows off your meticulous layout, color and typographic skills.
- You have 2–3 years of experience and formal training in design.
- You’ve mastered Figma/Sketch and Adobe CC staples, such as Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign.
- You want to join a collaborative team of creatives that demand excellence, celebrate ideas over egos and like each other as much as they enjoy their jobs.
- You have a passion for design for web experiences.
- You have prior experience within an agency and/or B2B.